Zuppa Toscana Soup is easy and creamy Italian soup made with spinach and sausage, it is one pot and a bowl of comforting Soup.
- 4 chicken sausage
- 1.5 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cream
- 3/4 cup onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 3/4 cup potato
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a saucepan, add diced sausage.
- Stir and cook the sausage in butter till they turn to a nice golden color. Collect the sausage in the bowl and set aside.
- To the same saucepan, add remaining 1 tablespoon butter, 3/4th cup chopped onion, 3/4th cup potato. Stir and cook them for few seconds.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes, 1teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, and 1 tablespoon of flour. Stir and cook for few seconds.
- Add 1.5 cups of chopped spinach. Stir till the leaves are wilted.
- Add 3.5 cups of water and 1 cube of chicken stock. Cover and cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Then, add cooked sausage. Cover and let it cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of fresh cream. Stir the soup and turn off the heat. Check for salt. Zuppa Toscana is ready to be served.
Tips To Make the Best Recipe
- Add chili flakes/paprika to enhance the spicy flavor. Naturally, it is gluten-free and thus making it a friendly dish for many populations.
- Add heavy cream or fresh cream in the end. You can also use full-fat coconut milk instead of the cream.
- You can serve it with roasted crispy bacon, flatbread, or cheese bread on the side.
- You can add cauliflower florets instead of potatoes to cut the carbs.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: zuppa toscana, Zuppa Toscana soup, Toscana soup