Zuppa Toscana Soup– If you are someone who likes Italian Cuisine, then this is a must-try recipe and an irresistible one too. Zuppa Toscana is one -pot can be made quickly in your home kitchen and relished for any meal.
What is Zuppa Toscana?
Zuppa Toscano is a soup made with Italian chicken sausage, herbs, and spices. It is easy, creamy, and healthy too!
The Toscana soup is primarily made with kale just like olive garden Restuarant recipe. I’m sure many of you would be famous for their soup and bread recipes.
I substituted this Zuppa Toscana with Spinach. It tasted absolutely delicious!
Some people prefer to add spinach at the end of the soup, but I prefer to wilt the spinach in butter and garlic that enhances the flavor and trust me the taste is very intense!
It hits the right nodes of spiciness making you want to come back for more (of course after sipping a bit of cold drink).
This is a Zuppa Toscana soup that is served with cheese on top along with humble potatoes adding an extra oomph to the soup.
Why This Recipe Works
A hearty comforting soup you could ask for and make it in one pot too.
Served with dinner rolls, or breakfast, it goes well with any meal of the day.
As a separate dish, this soup just fills your tummy and warms your heart too.
It can be made healthy and nutritious if you are someone who keeps a watch on your calorie intake as well.
How to make Zuppa Toscana Soup:
Tips To Make the Best Recipe
Add chili flakes/paprika to enhance the spicy flavor. Naturally, it is gluten-free and thus making it a friendly dish for many populations.
Add heavy cream or fresh cream in the end. You can also use full-fat coconut milk instead of the cream.
You can serve it with roasted crispy bacon (if you want), flatbread, or cheese bread on the side.
You can add cauliflower florets instead of potatoes to cut the carbs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How to get rid of the oil in the soup?
It happens sometimes because of the sausage. So, let the soup settle down and then skim off the oil layer after it forms.
2. Can I use other greens in this recipe?
Yes, you can use it. Greens like kale, baby spinach can be used. You can also Blanch them in salt water before adding.
3. How can I make the soup thicker?
Add the 2 teaspoons of corn starch mixed with milk, to the soup. This will make the soup thicker and tastier as well.
4. Can I use more butter?
Yes, do not overuse, it can over-power the taste.
5.Can I freeze Zuppa Toscano?
Yes, you can freeze this dish in an airtight container. Serve after defrosting and reheating.
However, do not let it freeze for more than 12 days, because the spinach will start to brown and the potatoes will start to decolor too
Other Recipes You may like to try:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS ZUPPA TOSCANA RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print
Zuppa Toscana Soup is easy and creamy Italian soup made with spinach and sausage, it is one pot and a bowl of comforting Soup.
- 4 chicken sausage
- 1.5 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cream
- 3/4 cup onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 3/4 cup potato
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a saucepan, add diced sausage.
- Stir and cook the sausage in butter till they turn to a nice golden color. Collect the sausage in the bowl and set aside.
- To the same saucepan, add remaining 1 tablespoon butter, 3/4th cup chopped onion, 3/4th cup potato. Stir and cook them for few seconds.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes, 1teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, and 1 tablespoon of flour. Stir and cook for few seconds.
- Add 1.5 cups of chopped spinach. Stir till the leaves are wilted.
- Add 3.5 cups of water and 1 cube of chicken stock. Cover and cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Then, add cooked sausage. Cover and let it cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of fresh cream. Stir the soup and turn off the heat. Check for salt. Zuppa Toscana is ready to be served.
Tips To Make the Best Recipe
- Add chili flakes/paprika to enhance the spicy flavor. Naturally, it is gluten-free and thus making it a friendly dish for many populations.
- Add heavy cream or fresh cream in the end. You can also use full-fat coconut milk instead of the cream.
- You can serve it with roasted crispy bacon, flatbread, or cheese bread on the side.
- You can add cauliflower florets instead of potatoes to cut the carbs.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: zuppa toscana, Zuppa Toscana soup, Toscana soup