This Thai basil shrimp will be your top choice, It is SO GOOD! The kinds of Thai basil, garlic and soy sauce gives you the multidimensional flavor, very simple to make. It is completely Sensational!
- 1/2 kg shrimp
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 6 pods garlic
- 1 tbs ginger
- 2 green chilli
- 4 dry red chillies
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup holy basil
- Ingredients to make Thai basil shrimp fry is taken, prawns are cleaned and deveined. I usually wash the shrimps adding some turmeric powder, hence the colour.
- take 5 to 6 garlic pods, ginger and 2 green chillies. Add them to a pestle motor and crush it coarsely
- Add soaked dry red chillies
- Crush them coarsely, if you want add 1tsp of soaked chilli water to blend
- Heat up sesame oil in wide pan or wok, add all the crushed ginger garlic and chillies saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add prawns/shrimp and saute for 2 mins
- Add salt
- Add soya sauce
- Squeeze some lemon juice
- Add sugar
- Keep saluting for 3 to 4mins
- Now add handful of holy basil
- Keep stirring for 1 minute till the leaves of the holy basil turn wilt.
Tips to make the best Thai basil shrimp:
1.Buy a fresh quality shrimp/prawns, clean and devein the shrimp before you cook.
2.Keep all your ingredients ready before you start cooking, so that you can make in a breeze.
3.The wok is always best for making these types of recipes. If you have a well-seasoned iron wok, please go it!
4.Sesame oil is best for making this basil shrimp recipe. It has the most unique flavour.
5.You can adjust the heat as per your convenience. You can reduce the number of red chillies and green chillies.
6.Cook your prawns or shrimp for 7 to 8 mins, more than that it might turns rubbery.
7.Be generous in adding Thai basil, as the whole flavour of this recipe is totally dependable on this.
- Category: Appetiser, Appetizer, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Chinese, thai