Stuffed Brinjal Gravy | Ennai kathirika – step by step pictures
Gutti vankaya kura or curry | Stuffed brinjal curry for biryani…Print
- Brinjal- 1/2 kg
- Oil- 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 string
- Onions- 2 medium size
- Tamarind- small lemon size ball
- Salt- to taste
- TO DRY ROAST:
- Seasame seeds- 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Coriander seeds- 1 tbs
- Peanuts- 1 and 1/2 tbs
- Garlic- 5 to 6
- Mustard seeds+Cumin seeds+Fenugeek seeds- 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chillies- 8 to 9
- Dry roast all the ingredients one by one Under “To dry roast”. Roast the each ingredients just for a minute and and set aside for 5 mins, let it cool down.
- Grind the dry roasted ingredients along with onions and soaked tamarind, salt make into a fine paste, sprinkle some water if needed.
- Slit open the brinjal, and stuff the masala into a brinjal.. keep aside the excess masala.
- In a kadai, add in oil, just be generous in adding the oil because the brinjal should be cooked only in the oil, once heats up add in mustard, curry leaves, and finely chopped onions sauté the onions for 2 mins.
- Now drop the brinjal, Carefully one by one.
- Add the excess masala and stir gently, otherwise the stuffed masala might come out.(Do not add water)
- Cook until the oil oozes out and and masala is well blended.
- Now, STUFFED BRINJAL GRAVY is ready!!!
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indian
Step by Step Pictures:
Stuffed Brinjal is ready!! Its goes well with Rice, roti, bread.