Smoked Brinjal Chutney Recipe | Sutta Kathirikai Chutney, – Back in India Amma makes a variety of chutneys every day for the breakfast. Most of the time our breakfast has been idly or dosa with chutney. This particular chutney I always ask amma to make it’s spicy, tangy and yummy so amma makes this for me on weekly once and I’m a huge fan of brinjal obviously this brinjal chutney is my very favorite chutney. You can have this brinjal chutney with idly, dosa or roti. It tastes so good!! Out of more love towards this chutney sometime I mix them with rice, add sesame oil. That’s it!! I love them having potato chips! So what is your way of eating this chutney?? hehe! tell me 🙂 🙂 Do try this recipe! 🙂 🙂 and Tell me how it turned to you!! 🙂 🙂
- Brinjal- 3 to 4
- Oil- 2 tsp
- Garlic- 4
- Cumin seeds- 2 tsp
- Dry red chilli- 4
- Tamarind- 1 small lemon ball
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- salt to taste
- Grill the brinjal in pre-heated oven for 20 to 25 at the maximum heat until the its well cooked.
- peel out the brinjal and make them mushy.
- Heat up the oil, saute cumin, garlic, dry red chilli, tamarind into a fine paste.
- Add the brinjal and pluse them until its well blended.
- Saute mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curryleaves, for tempering and add into the Grinded Brinjal.
- Smoked Brinjal Chutney is Ready!
Step By step pictures:
P.s I have an induction stove, so opted for other option to give brinjal a smoked flavor. You can also roast them in a direct flame if you own a gas burner.1