Creamy, Delicious saffron flavoured Rice kheer so easy to make and great for any occasion! This is the traditional classic Indian recipe but the variations are countless!
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tbs rice
- 3 tbs condensed milk
- 4 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 4 to 5 threads saffron
- 2 tbs Nuts
- Heat up milk in deep heavy bottomed pan over a low-medium heat. Let it boil for sometimes.
- Coarsely Grind Rice in blender, add 1/4 cup of water and stir make sure there is no lumps.
- Once the milk comes to boil, add rice and stir for 5mins.
- Then add condensed milk and sugar, keep stirring for 10 mins.
- Slowly rice will be cooked and and eventually the kheer thickens up. Keep stirring..
- Sprinkle some cardmom powder and add few threads of saffron and chopped nuts.
- Turn off the heat.
- Let the saffron flavor and color gets infused in kheer.
- Serve warm
- Or you can keep the kheer in refrigerator for 10 to 15 mins and Serve chill.
1.What Rice best for making rice kheer?
Usually, Basmati rice is used for making kheer, but you can also use any variety of rice. Always make sure you coarsely grind the rice so you get the desired kheer consistency.
2.Can I add dry fruits and nuts?
Of course, you can add any type of dry fruits and nuts can be added. You can roast the nuts in ghee for more flavours.
3. What causes thickening for rice kheer?
The starch in rice makes the kheer to thicken up, also to liquidity if thickens, add milk and stir well.
4. How to avoid lumpy Rice kheer?
You get lumpy rice kheer only if the amount of milk is less, Once the rice is being cooked it tends to thicken up quickly so you need a required amount of milk. If the milk to less, it tends to become lumpy.
5.How long does the kheer last in the refrigerator?
Rice kheer can stay well in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
- Category: Dessert, indian dessert, Snacks/sweet
- Cuisine: Indian