Sabudana Kichidi is one of the simplest recipes I’ve ever made, It is delicately soft, crunchy peanuts and mashed potatoes together make it obsessive worthy!
- 1 cup Tapioca pearls
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 3 boiled potato
- 3 green chilies
- 1/2 cup peanut powder
- 1 tsp salt
- These all the ingredients to make sabudana kichidi, I have soaked tapioca pearls for 3 to 4 hours and drained them well using a colander to remove excess moisture. I have boiled potatoes and peeled off the skin.
- Heat up 2 tbs of oil, add 1 tsp cumin seeds. Let it sizzle for a few seconds.
- Take motor pestle, gently crush green chilies
- Add in the crushed green chilies. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add soaked sabudana/Topiaco pearls
- Gently give a mix and cook for 5 to 8 mins
- Now add in the mashed potatoes, salt.
- Sprinkle coarsely ground peanut powder, give a mix, and cook for 2 mins. Turn off the heat
- Add chopped coriander leaves, mix well and serve.
Tips to make sabudana Khichdi:
1.Prior to soaking is a must! Soaking the tapioca pearls beforehand for 2 hours is a must. You can also simply soak them overnight for 3 to 4 hours and drain the pearls very well using colander. Excess moisture makes the sabudana kichdi mushy.
2.Potato: Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and dice the boiled potatoes in small cubes or else you can simply mash them lightly using fingers.
3. Do not overcook the sabudana khichdi as it tends to get mushy. You can see the glossiness over the tapioca pearls, which means its time to turn off the heat.
- Category: Breakfast, Breakfast/dinner, healthy breakfast
- Cuisine: Indian, northindian