Fiery Rava Fish sear unimaginably heavenly with layers of flavor covered with crunchy semolina, Perfectly brilliant fricasseed, best filled in as a starter or sides!
- 1/2 kg Anchovy
- 2 tbs chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbs ginger garlic paste
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tbs All purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbs semolina
- 2 tbs oil
- In a mixing bowl, add chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, all purpose flour, curry leaves and salt.
- Squeeze half a lemon
- Add 1 tsp of water and make a thick paste ( add water little by little to get a right consistency)
- Add fresh anchovies
- Coat the masala with the fish and marinate for 5 to 10 mins. You can also marinate upto 1 hour.
- Take a plate, gently spread semolina. Now take a marinated anchovy, coat the fish with semolina throughly
- Heat up some oil in wide pan, place the fish one by one. Cook for 2 to 3 mins. Gently flip and cook till the fishes are nice and golden.
Tips to make Perfect Rava fry:
Fish: You can use any type of fishes here. Fishes like pomfret, seer, barracuda or any boneless fish can be used.
Coconut oil: I used coconut oil for this recipe because coconut flavor has a more distinct flavor. However, you can swap to any other cooking oil.
Spice blend: The spice blend is super easy and quite accessible one. To make it even spicier, you can add pepper powder, fennel powder, coriander powder. Marination is key, The longer you marinade taste better.
If you intend to use the whole fish like pomfret, make sure you make a slit on the fishes that helps in good marination.
Semolina/Rava: Coat the rava/ semolina over the marinated fish generously that gives you crunchy rava fish fry.
- Category: Appetiser, Appetizer, dinner, starter/snacks
- Cuisine: Indian, south Indian