This pumpkin soup recipe is the easiest soup recipe you will ever make! Creamy, warm, super comforting with minimal ingredients!
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbs garlic
- 2 tsp sprigs of thyme
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbs cream
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- Pre-heat oven for 10 mins for 200 degrees C/400 degrees F.
- Peel the squash skin and cut in cubes, Spread in the baking tray. Drizzle some olive oil, pepper powder, and salt.
- Roast the cubed pumpkin for 25 to 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat butter, add chopped garlic and sprigs of thyme and salt. cook for 1 or 2 mins, then Add roasted pumpkin.
- Add 2 cups of water or vegetable stock. Bring to boil for about 10 mins.
- Turn off the flame, blend using an immersion blender
- Blend till you get a creamy consistency.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and fresh cream
- Sprinkle chili flakes and serve.
Tips to make the best pumpkin soup:
Buy the pumpkin that has harder skin it tastes better for soups.
Add other spices like oregano, basil as per your taste.
Add chicken stock /vegetable stock for better flavor.
Add coconut milk to get an incredible taste.
- Category: Appetiser, brunch, Soup
- Cuisine: American, Continental