Potato Podimas Recipe – Urulai kizhangu Recipe, Spicy Potato Podimas Recipe. Super spicy and flavourful urulai kizhangu podimas recipe taste yummy. quick and easy side dish made with mashed potatoes. It is served as an accompaniment with rice. peel and mash the potatoes coarsely when they are still hot or warm. you can also crumble the potatoes.Print
- Potatoes- 4
- Oil – 1 tbs
- Onions 3 medium size
- Garlic 1 whole (finely chopped)
- Red chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Fennel powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 small bunch.
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes.
- Mix turmeric and salt to the potatoes.
- In a pan add in oil, onion, garlic, chillies and fry until the onions turn brown.
- Add the mashed potatoes and fry until its turns golden brown colour and oil oozes out.
- Now finally add the fennel powder and cook for another 2 mins.
- Sprinkle some coriander leaves.
Step by Step Pictures:
Potato podimas is ready!! Serve with Garlic kuzhambu and Rice.