The classic Potato pancake is the best way to make and serve as a fantastic appetizer or side dish. All you need is just 6 ingredients to whip up this amazing perfect potato pancakes.
These pancakes of potato are extremely easy to make, simple but delicious. The texture is super fluffy and spongy, perfect for breakfast or even for a short snack. You can grate the potatoes in 2 ways using 1. Basic grater and Food processor.
In basic Grater, you can grate the potatoes and squeeze out the liquid to make potato pancakes. You can use a food processor to grind the potatoes just like I did. If you don’t like a potato texture, you can also pulse the potatoes in the processor for a few more seconds to produce a very smooth texture.
Then the water can be squeezed out.
Why this recipe works:
1.Simple and Easy to make
2.Pantry friendly! Just a few ingredients are required.
3. Served as an appetizer/breakfast/dinner.
What are potato pancakes made of?
How to make Potato pancake with step by step:
Tips to make the best classic Potato pancakes recipe:
- Potatoes: Due to high starch content, russet potatoes are typically used to make potato pancakes. You may also use any type of potatoes if you don’t have Russet.
2. Seasonings: According to your taste bud, you can use any seasonings. Just to keep it the way you love it.
3. Squeeze out the liquid: It improves the consistency of the potato pancakes by squeezing out the fluids from the onions and potato.
1.Are latke and Easy potato pancakes are same?
Both potato latke and potato pancakes are the same, the main ingredients are eggs and potato, However, for latkes, we use milk, baking powder.
2. How do you serve potato pancakes?
Potato pancakes can be served with sour cream, applesauce, horseradish sauce.
3. Can we freeze this potato pancake?
It always tastes better when you serve fresh But if you intend to freeze, Spread the potato pancakes in a baking tray and freeze for 3 to 4 hours. Then, put in a ziplock bag and freeze them. This way it stays well and good for 3 months.
Other Recipes you may like to try:Print
The classic Potato pancake is way to make and serves as a fantastic appetiser or side dish. All you need to whip up this amazing perfect potato pancakes is just 6 ingredients.
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- Peel the potato skin and pulse for in food chopper for few seconds.
- Add onion to the same food processor and pulse for another few seconds
- To a food processor, add peeled potato and pulse for a few seconds.
- To a pulsed potato, add onion and pulse for just a few seconds to get grated onions and potato.
- Wrap the grated onion and potato in a cheesecloth and squeeze the excess water, set aside.
- To a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, chili flakes, pepper powder, salt Mix well.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Now add the squeezed onion and potato. Mix well to make a pancake batter.
- Heat butter/oil in a pan and pour the mixture into small pancakes. Cook on both sides.
Tips to make best Potato pancakes recipe:
Potatoes: Due to high starch content, russet potatoes are typically used to make potato pancakes. You may also use certain types of potatoes if you don’t have Russet.
Seasonings: According to your taste bud, you can use any seasonings. Just to keep it the way you love it.
Squeeze out the liquid: It improves the consistency of the potato pancakes by squeezing out the fluids from the onions and potato.
- Category: starter
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: potato pancake, potato pancakes, pancakes recipe, potato pancakes recipe, easy potato pancakes