Sweet, spice, lip-smacking pear bread pudding baked perfectly and drizzled with rich caramel sauce make this recipe scrumptious!
- 3 cups Bread (cubed)
- 1 pears (peeled and diced)
- 1 Eggs
- 2 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
- salt (a pinch)
- For bread pudding: Mix the bread cube and pear in deep baking dish.
- For the sauce: Combine milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon powder, eggs in a mixing bowl, pour the mixture over the bread and allow it to soak upto 5 mins.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 350 degree F or 180 degree Cfor 30 mins.
For the caramel sauce
- Melt the sugar in the sauce pan until it has the amber colour.
- Add the cream,salt and keep on heat until melted&smooth.
- Allow to cool down and drizzle the caramel over the pudding.
HOW DO YOU KNOW PEAR BREAD PUDDING IS DONE?
The consistency of the finished bread pudding is slightly mushy and semi-solid. To check for the doneness, insert the toothpick in the centre and it should come out clean.
HOW LONG THE LEFTOVER BREAD PUDDING STAYS IN FRIDGE?
If storing in the fridge, cover tightly with plastic wrap to prevent from drying out.
Leftover pear bread pudding stays well in the fridge for 2 to 3 days, but it will start loosening the moisture after 2 days.
HOW DO YOU REHEAT THE BREAD PUDDING?
You can reheat the pudding in the microwave for a minute (or )
Pre-heat your oven 350 degrees F/ 180 degrees C, cover the baking tray with foil and bake for 5 to 10 mins.
HOW TO PREVENT MY CARAMEL SAUCE STICKING TO PAN?
Firstly turn off your stove, quickly add 2 tbs of warm water and stir well to thin out.
- Category: baking, Breakfast/dinner, Dessert
- Cuisine: Continental