Next goes the channa dal, drain out the water and add the channa dal.. Mix everything well and cook for 3 to 4 mins. This channa dal will give a nice crunchy-munchy taste to this recipe.. It is a add-on taste!!!
Paavakai kadalaparuppu varuval/ Bittergaurd channal fry is ready!!!!!Print
- Bittergaurd- 3 medium sized
- channa dal- 3 tbs (soaked for 1/2 hour)
- Oil- 1 tbs
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 string
- Onion- 1
- Tomato- 1
- Chilli powder 1 tbs
- Fennel powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Jaggery/sugar- 1 tsp
- salt- to taste
- Soak the channa dal.
- Heat up the oil in the kadai, add in mustard seeds and curry leaves.. let it splutter.
- Add in onions and cook until it turns translucent, it takes 3 to 4 mins.
- Add in the tomatoes, salt and cook till it turns mushy
- Now add the diced bittergaurd and channa dal.
- Add all the spice powder chilli powder, fennel powder and turmeric powder sauté well until the raw smell leaves off..
- Add little water, cover and cook for another 10 mins until the bittergaurd is cooked.. stir occasionally.
- Switch off the the stove, sprinkle little jaggery/ sugar.
- Paavakai kadalaparrupu fry/ Bittergaurd channa dal fry is ready!! serve with simple sambar , rasam or curd..