Soft and crunchy marinated paneer with the smoked flavours of onion tomato and capsicum roasted on skewers is how delicious Paneer shashlik is!
- 100 grams Cottage cheese/Paneer
- 1 cup Capsicum ( Red and yellow)
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup Hung Curd
- 1 tablespoon Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon oil (grill)
- To make the sauce:
- 1/2 onion (puree )
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tomato (puree)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 wooden skewers
- Cut the paneer in cubes and dice the capsicum and onion.
- Ingredients to make Paneer shashlik are taken.
- To a small mixing bowl, add curd, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, oil salt and mix well.
- Add cubed paneer, diced capsicum and diced onion. Mix well to incorporate and marinate for 15 minutes up to 1 hour.
- Arrange them in skewers.
- The heat grill pan, add some oil, grill the paneer skewers
- Flip and cook for 2 to 3 minutes till the paneer is cooked and vegetable are crunchy.
- To make the sauce:
- To a saucepan, add oil. Once the oil is heated up, add onion puree. Stir and cook for 1 minute till the onion puree is cooked.
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Stir and cook till the raw smell disappears.
- Add tomato puree and Chilli powder. Stir and cook for a few minutes. Until the raw smell disappears.
- Add water, milk. Stir to get a sauce consistency.
Tips to make the best paneer shashlik:
- Allow the paneer and veggie cubes to marinate for about 30-40 minutes. This ensures that the flavours of the marinade have been infused well in the paneer and veggies.
- Use thick curd for the marinade. Using curd that is not thick will dilute the marinade with excessive water and the marinade will become soggy and runny.
- You can enhance the flavour of the paneer by using homemade paneer and is a healthier option compared to using the store-bought paneer.
- Grill on a low flame and do not cover the grill as it will get burnt and ruin the flavour. Grill enough for the smoky flavour to get infused in it.
- Category: Starter, Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: paneer shashlik, sauce recipe, paneer recipe