Rogan Josh Recipe – Spicy Mutton Rogan Josh Curry…..Hai.. everyone!! how was ur weekend? for me, it was super good. I was enlonging for a long time to have lamb/mutton, as we do not get mutton here on regular basis. I want to try something really spicy… REALLY SPICY..!! and this is was the recipe that strike my mind!! I made this for the weekend, my hubby loved it so much.. telling me, it was tasted best like a restaurant.. so here we go the recipe, and do try and tell me how it turned out.Print
- Lamb/mutton -500 gms.
- Jeera- 1tsp
- Elachi- 5
- cinnamon -2 stick.
- Ginger Powder- 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Hing- 1tsp
- Chilli powder- 2tsp (preferable kashmir chilli powder)
- Fennel seed powder- 2tsp.
- Ghee -2 Tbsp
- In blender add cinnamon stick, cumin, mace, elachi and make into a fine powder.
- In a bowl add chilli powder, ginger powder, hing, fennel powder. Mix it with water and make into a paste consistency.
- Heat up the pan, add ghee.
- Add Elachi.
- Add the mutton to it and fry till it is golden brown, keep the flame in the medium.
- once it is turned brown add the add the chilli, ginger, fennel mixture to it.
- Add some water and cook for 10 mins in high and 45 mins in slow flame. slow flame makes the meat tender.
- After 45 mins, open the lid and give a good mix to it. Now add the spice powder to it.
- Add required amount of water, and cook for another 30 mins in medium flame.
- Now the MUTTON/LAMB ROGAN JOSH is ready, Serve it with rice or naan.