Mushroom sukka | Chettinad mushroom sukka | stir fried mushroom is one among the famous recipe in Chettinad cuisine.The freshly grinded masala makes this dish so unique. The chunky mushroom coated with coconut masala and Sauteed until its dry and tender The final seasoning to this dish take this recipe to next level.
Hello Guys! A big Hi from my side,For the last 1 year I got really busy with several events happening one after the other.Yes! Im super excited to announce that we are blessed with a BABY GIRL! And the priority changed.
Blogging is not an easy things as you need put so many hats on you. As it requires quite a lot of effort and time, I couldn’t get my head around blogging even if I wanted to. All the other commitments have kept me away from my dear blog but the passion to blog doesn’t vanish, no matter what. I am starting with all the draft that have been lying for quiet long time. Coming to this recipe,
The secret taste of this Chettinad mushroom sukka is totally depends on the freshly grind masala and the seasoning. The spices and coconut are dry roasted which add a heavily flavour to this earthy mushrooms which gives a deliciously aromatic spicy dish with bold flavours of south india.
Other sides dishes you may like to try:
Let’s get started:
Happy cooking, Eat like no else is watching! ?Print
- Mushroom- 200 gms
- oil- 2 tbs
- salt- to taste
To Roast and Grind 1
- black pepper corns- 1 tsp
- turmeric powder- a pinch
- fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- coriander seeds- 2 tbs
- fenugreek seeds- 1 tsp
- dried red chillies- 12
- tamarind pulp- 1 tbs
To grind 2
- coconut- 1/2 cup
- garlic cloves- 10
- cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- curry leaves- 1 sprig
- onions- 1 chopped.
- In a frying pan, heat up 1 tbs of oil, add pepper corn, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, finally add the chillies and roast them lightly.
- In a blender, combine the roasted spices and chilli with the tamarind pulp and grind to a coarse paste without adding any water.Transfer to a bowl.
- In a same blender, combine the coconut , garlic and cumin seeds and grind without water till the mixture comes together.
- In a frying pan, combine the mushroom with the roasted spices, cover and cook for till the mushroom release their moisture.
- mix the coconut spice paste and salt and cook till the moisture dries up.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan, add curryleaves, chopped onion.
- saute till the onions turns brown. then pour the mixture over the mushrooms.
- Mix the onions well into the mushrooms, serve with rice and roti.