This Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff recipe is going to be your family favourite and best weeknight meal! It is easy to make, comfort and soothing recipe served on the bed of noodles!
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Tomato (Puree)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoon cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Over medium heat, To a saute pan, melt butter. Add minced garlic. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Once the butter has all the garlic flavours induced, add chopped onion, stir and cook for 3 to 5 mins till the onions turn to a light golden brown.
- Now, add sliced mushrooms.
- And…Add all the seasonings pepper powder, oregano, mixed herbs, Dijon mustard, salt. Stir and cook for 2 mins.
- In goes tomato puree
- Stir the tomato puree and cook until the raw smell of the tomatoes disappears.
- Add fresh cream and 1/4 cup of warm water. The 1/4 cup of water is to dilute the cream to get a creamy consistency.
- Stir the creamy mushroom stroganoff and cook for 2 mins.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley or dill leaves.
Tips to make the best stroganoff recipe:
Mushroom: Get a fresh and tender mushroom for the best results. Wash the mushrooms and dry them well. Cut them in half, then in quarters and then cut them.
While the button mushrooms/portobello mushrooms are delicious in a creamy sauce, try shiitakes for different flavours!
Onions: Cook the onions in butter till the onion turns a light golden colour.
Spices: There are no fancy spices have added! Then basic mixed herbs, oregano and pepper powder are enough to make this recipe delicious.
Dijon mustard: Adding this one epic ingredient to mushroom stroganoff gives you adorable flavours.
Cream/sour cream: Traditionally sour cream is used, I have used fresh cream that elevates the taste and texture of the recipe.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Russian
Keywords: mushroom stroganoff, stroganoff recipe, vegetarian stroganoff