Fluffy, super easy Mexican Rice infused with bundle of flavours truly the tastiest mexican recipe ever! The best part is everything in ONEPOT!
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 Onions (chopped)
- 5 pods Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbs Olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 cup Carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree
- 2 tbs Tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 1 tsp Salt
- Heat up olive oil over a medium heat, add in washed basmati rice stir gently for 3 secs. Just to make sure the rice slightly covered with oil and toast them.
- Add all the ingredients from garlic, onion, carrots, peas, tomato sauce, tomato paste mix in gently.
- Measure the chicken broth for the rice quantity and add in. Add salt.
- Cover and cook over a medium heat for 10-15 mins. Lower the flame and cook further for 5 mins.
- Open the lid, fluff the rice with fork, garnish with coriander leaves.
What rice is best for making Mexican rice?
Long grain rice- Basmati Rice is always best to make Mexican rice.
How do you make the rice fluffy and not sticky?
Firstly, rinse the rice in cold water. To make the rice fluffy and not sticky, Saute the washed rice in oil/butter for few seconds and then proceed with the cooking.
Variations you make:
Spices- You can add spices like pepper powder, cumin powder, chilli powder, paprika, oregano. Always add a pinch of the spices not to overpower the flavours
Tomato bullions- the authentic recipe call for tomato billions if you get it around, add 1 cube for this recipe ( I replaced tomato ketchup in this recipe)
Vegetables of any choice: You can add veggies like peas, corn.
- Category: Lunch/ breakfast, Main Course
- Cuisine: Mexican