Masala Vada Recipe – Delicious & Crispy Paruppu Vadai is the deep fried lentil mixture mixed with onions, curry leaves, coriander, ginger and chillies. Its an excellent tea-time snacks. Read more to know how to make Masala Vada Crispier.
Masala vada recipe – A popular South Indian snack made using bengal gram i.e chana dal, mixture of spices added to the roughly grounded chana dal mixture to make these crispy vadai.Paruppu vadai is my all time favourite snack during my school days, even now. My mil always makes this paruppu vadai with sambar and rasam. oh!! god.. its taste awesome!!! CRISPINESS INSIDE, CRUNCHY OUTSIDE… Making it really perfect. I always make this vada mixture and store it in the fridge and and use it for next 2 to 3 days. I usually serve as a tea time snacks, a crunchy bite with a sip of hot tea. This is all you need for a perfect evening. Give a try to this recipe and let me know how its turned out!!
Other similar recipe you may like click on the picture for the recipe:
STEP BY STEP PICTURES:
Wash and soak channa dal for 2 hours.
Serve Hot with ketchup or mint chutney.
- Channa dal- 1 cup
- Onions- 2
- Green chills- 1
- Coriander leaves- 1 cup finely chopped
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Salt- to taste.
- Dry Red chiliies- 4 to 5
- Ginger- 1 inch
- Garlic- 7 to 8 pods
- Fennel seeds- 1 tbs
- Firstly soak channa dal for 2 hours, then drain out the water and keep them ready to grind.
- Finely chop the onions, green chili ,coriander and curry leaves, keep them ready to be mixed.
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned in “ To Grind “ section into a coarse paste.
- In the same blender, add drained channa dal little by little and give a quick pulse.
- Follow the procedure and grind all channa dal and collect them in mixing bowl.
- Mean while, heat up some oil in deep fry pan over a medium hot.
- To a channa mixture add chop onions , chillies, coriander and curry leaves. Gently mix them.
- Check for salt.
- When the oil is ready, Take a lemon sized ball, lightly pat them in your palm( refer pictures) gently drop them in oil.
- Fry the Vadas till its turns golden and crispy
I hope you all love this recipe.. its packed with whole lot of flavours,
Full of flavours,
Packed with lentil mixture,
Tidbits of ginger&lentil &
If you love this recipe Leave a comment, or tag a picture #nithisclickncook on instagram or post a picture on Facebook, I would love to see how it turned out!
Happy cooking, Eat like no else is watching! 🙂