Kerala Chicken Roast or varuval is a quick and easy recipe. The taste of this chicken totally depends on the coconut oil. This recipe has a zesty marination which is cooked in onion-tomato masala. It is the simple, flavourful and keen mix of intense flavors.
Hiiiiiiiiiiii how are you???? how goes it? WOOOHOOO for the Weekend. SO happy you’re here!!
Any Kerala food-lover out here???? Do you love the flavors of coconut oil in your food, then this Kerala chicken roast recipe is for YOU!! I have learnt this recipe from my uncle, whenever he visits to our hometown he happily cooks this Kerala chicken roast for me.It is loaded with flavors and roasted in coconut oi,It is no fuss- simple side dish. It goes very well with rice and roti. I simply love to have it simple Rasam rice. It tasted so good! It is Fantastically! Yummy!
Similar chicken Recipes you may like to try:
It tasted so good,
Full of flavours,
- Chicken- 500gms
- Ginger- 2 tsp
- Chilli powder- 2 tbs
- kebab masala- 1 tbs Optional. if using, prefer Aachi kebab masala
- turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- curry leaves- 1 sprig
- salt- to taste.
- Coconut oil- 2 tbs
- Ginger- 2 tsp chopped
- Garlic- 2 tsp chopped
- curry leaves- 2 sprig
- Big Onion- 1
- Tomato- 1
- salt to taste.
- Marinate the chicken with the above ingredients listed under "to marinate" for 30 mins.
- Heat up the oil, add chopped ginger, garlic, curry leaves saute them for a minute.
- Add chopped onions, cook them for 3 to 5 mins,
- Add chopped tomato and cook them until it turns mushy.
- Its time to add chicken and stir them well. cook them for 15 to 20 minutes. cook the chicken uncovered and stir them frequently so that it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- When the oil comes up on the sides of the pan.Its time to turn off.
- Yummy kerala chicken dry is ready.
Happy cooking, Eat like no else is watching! ?