- Karunnaikizhangu/yam- 1/4kg
- Onion- 1
- Fennel seeds- 2tsp
- Chilli powder- 3tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Oil- 1tbs
- Salt- to taste.
- Grind the onion+fennel into a coarse paste.
- In a pressure cooker add in yam, grinded onion+fennel seeds, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- In a pan add in oil, add the pressure cooked yam and fry until it turns crispy.
- Karunnaikizhangu varuval/ Yam fry is ready!! Serve hot with sambar rice, rasam rice or curd rice.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES
Karunaikizhangu varuval/ Yam fry is ready!!