Hello Friends! Today’s Recipe is Malaysian Chicken curry or Kari Ayam . When we had gone for a vacation to malaysia we had tasted lot of indian and malaysian food.This chicken curry includes one among them. Its mild spicy, with coconut milk flavour. Usually the colour of this recipe is light yellow colour, when i made it turns out little more darker,so i got puzzled, then i remember i added chilli powder which gave me a difference in colour, because usually we both love the curry to be spicy!! However there is no compromising in the taste. we both loved it so much! Do try this recipe an let me know how it turned out! Before that, You can also check my other chicken curry recipes here Chettinad Chicken Chops, Chicken curry with freshly grinded masala, Easy Chicken CurryPrint
Chicken Curry which is cooked in Coconut Milk.
- Chicken- 1/2 kg
- Coconut Milk- 1 cup
- Potato- 2 cubed
- Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Oil- 2 tbs
- salt- to taste
- onion- 2
- ginger- 1tbs
- Garlic- 4 no
To Roast and Grind: Malaysian Curry powder
- Cinnamon- 1 small stick
- Cloves- 2
- Pepper Corns- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli- 3 to 4
- Rice- 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Roast the given “ To grind and roast “ ingredients and make it into a fine powder. This is our malaysian curry powder.
- Grind Onion+Ginger+Garlic to a fine paste.
- Heat up the oil, add onion paste and saute them until the raw smell leaves off.
- Add malaysian curry powder, chicken saute them for 5 minutes
- Add coconut milk,potato and cover an cook for 10 minutes.
- Malaysian Chicken curry is ready.
Step By Step Pictures:
Kari Ayam/Malaysian Chicken curry is ready!! Serve with Rice, Roti canai,Chapati,Idly, Dosa,parotta.
If you like this recipe share your thoughts below or If u tried this recipe send me your pictures i would love to see 🙂 Take a picture post it on my Facebook or mail me firstname.lastname@example.org