Kaju katli, soft and chewy melt in your mouth evoking rich flavour and taste. This healthy Kaju barfi is easy to prepare and so tasty that you can’t stop enjoying another one
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Ingredients to make Kaju katli are taken.
- Pulse the cashews for a few seconds to get a fine powder.
- To a nonstick pan, add sugar and water. Stir till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Bring the sugar syrup to 1 string consistency. Then, add powdered cashew.
- Continue stirring till it turns to a light pale colour
- Add ghee and turn off the heat.
- Grease some ghee on the parchment.
- Pour the barfi on to the parchment paper
- Apply some ghee to the spatula and Knead for some time to make a dough
- Place parchment paper over the barfi
- Roll to make a shape
- Cut the barfi as the desired shape and serve.
Tips to make the best Kaju katli:
- Cashew: Powder the cashews in a mixer grinder as fine as possible, but without making it lumpy. Do not run the mixer at one continuous stretch, but run for a few seconds multiple times. This gives you the perfect cashew powder.
- Powder: Running the mixer for a longer time than required will make the powder pasty and lumpy because the cashews release oils.
- Do not overcook the kaju katli because it will crack and become powdery after cooling. Turn off the flame as soon as the Kaju is cooked.
- Kneading the mixture is the key here – kneading it will mix all the ingredients well and give you the right texture.
- Pour the cooked mixture on a plate that is greased well with ghee/ clarified butter or butter so that it doesn’t stick to the plate.
- Before adding the cashew powder, ensure that the sugar is completely dissolved and the sugar syrup has reached one string consistency.
- Category: sweets and Desserts
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: kajukatli recipe, kaju katli, kaju barfi