Hoisin Sauce – Try this Homemade Hoisin Sauce recipe, so easy and quick to make! So versatile and better than the store-bought!
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese seasonings.
- These all the ingredients to make hoisin sauce.
- Add all the ingredients to a small saucepan.
- Over low heat, stir for 2 minutes. The sauce would thicken and smooth. Turn off the heat.
- Hoisin sauce is ready to be used.
Frequently asked questions:
1. How long can I store hoisin sauce?
Store the homemade hoisin sauce in an air-tight container and refrigerate for 1 month and then can freeze for 4 months.
2. What can I replace with Chinese seasonings?
If you do not have Chinese seasoning, you can add a pinch of cinnamon powder, fennel powder. Clove powder andchili flakes.
- Category: Dips
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: Hoisin sauce, hoisin sauce recipe, sauce hoisin