Grilled Garlic Shrimp is the one the simplest, easiest, most satisfying meal that taste gourmet. The flavor combinations of fennel seeds and garlics is simply bursting with flavor.
- 1/2 kg Shrimp/prawn
- 1 tbs Fennel seeds
- 10 pods Garlic
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Pepper corns
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbs Oil
To make tomato garlic sauce:
- 1 tbs Tomato sauce
- 1 tbs Chilli sauce
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tbs Cornflour
- 1 tsp Salt
- Clean and Devine the shrimp
- Grind Garlic, fennel seeds, chilli flakes, pepper corns, salt and 2 tbs of water to a very fine paste
- Add the ground masala to shrimp, add lemon juice and oil. Marinate for 10 mins.
- Thread the marinated prawns/shrimp in skewers and keep aside.
- Heat up oil in saute pan, place the skewers and cook for 3 mins on each side until the shrimp turns pink color.
- Remove the skewers from the pan and keep aside.
To make tomato garlic dip:
- To the same pan, add 1/2 to 1 cup of water to De-glaze, to absorb all the flavors.
- Bring to boil for 1 or 2 mins.
- And then, Add tomato sauce, chili paste, pepper powder, oregano and salt.
- Keep stirring for couple of minutes.
- Quickly mix cornflour with water, add in to the pan.
- Stir continuously to get saucy consistency that would take 1 or 2 mins.
- Serve Tomato Garlic dip with grilled garlic prawns.
1.Can I grill garlic shrimp in oven?
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the shrimp skewers in baking sheet. Roast just until pink, it would 5 to 6 mins.
2.What can be served with grilled garlic shrimp?
This can be served with tomato garlic dip ( I shared the recipe below, check my step by step pictures) or mayonnaise.
3.Can I use frozen prawns?
Yes, Of course. Having frozen prawns is so handy and convient when you crave to have shrimp at any time.
Thaw the frozen prawns and follow the same procedure.
- Category: Appetizer, Snack, Starter
- Cuisine: Continental, Indian