So Soft Homemade Flour tortillas are super easy to make, better texture and flavor than the store-bought! Once you make them you never gonna buy them!
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup All Purpose flour
- 2 tbs Butter
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Warm water
- In a mixing bowl, combine wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt and baking soda. Give a quick mix.
- Add warm water, very little by little to make a soft dough.
- Rest for 5 mins.
- Make a lemon sized ball, coat each ball with flour
- Roll each dough piece to a rough circle by dusting the work surface.
- Heat up skillet and place the tortillas and allow to cook for 1 minute until you see a brown spots appears.
- Flip and cook for 10 to 15 secs.
- Serve warm or allow to use for later use.
Tips to make Flour Tortillas recipe:
1.You can use stand mixer using the dough hook for mixing the flour, then work on the lightly floured surface to get a soft dough.
2. Let the dough rest for 10 to 15 mins before you make tortillas.
3. Make Tortillas thin to get soft, pliable flour tortillas.
4.Cook the tortillas just for few seconds to get some nice bubbles or small brown spots.
- Category: Breakfast/dinner, Main Course, Snack
- Cuisine: Mexican