This Enchilada sauce recipe is lusciously creamy, better than your store bought! The fresh and lovely flavours of the red enchilada sauce makes everything better!
- 2 cups Tomato Puree
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Ingredients to make enchilada sauce are taken.
- To a saucepan, add olive oil
- Once the oil is heated up, add flour, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the spice powders.
- Stir and cook for few seconds over low- medium heat.
- Add the tomato puree and vegetable stock
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes to get a creamy enchilada sauce.
Tips to make the Best Enchilada Sauce:
Spice level: The spice Level of the enchilada sauce can be adjusted as per your preference. If you would like to get more spicy, you may add pepper powder as well.
Roux: Once you add the flour, whisk quickly to avoid any lumps and the flour should be stirred for 1 minute to remove the raw flavours.
Seasoning: Once you add the seasonings, keep in the low flame . The spices might brown quickly.
Vegetable stock/ Chicken Stock: Th chicken stocks has more flavours than the vegetable stock, I had vegetable stock cubes so I have added it.
Tomato Puree: Once you add the tomato puree, cover with the lid and cook because the tomato puree tends to spills out!
- Category: Dips, sauce
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: enchilada sauce, homemade enchilada sauce, red enchilada sauce, enchilada sauce recipe