This Creamy egg curry recipe is fragrant infused with coconut milk and it is warm, comforting egg curry completely customisable, all comes together in just 20 mins!
- 3 Eggs (boiled)
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs fennel seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 tsp star anise
- 1 onion (large one)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 to mato
- 1 tbs chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- To a boiling water, add eggs and boil for till the eggs are hard-boiled about 8 to 10 mins. Peel off the egg shell and keep aside.
- Take 1/2 cup of coconut to a blender and 1.5 cup warm water, pulse for few seconds and strain the mixture. Coconut milk is ready.
To make egg curry:
- Begin by heating 1 tbs of oil, add fennel seeds, curry leaves and star anise.
- Add sliced onions, salt and green chilli and cook until the onions are soft and translucent about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1 tbs of ginger garlic paste and cook for about 3 mins until the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomato and Cook the onion tomato masala for about 5 mins, until the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add chilli powder and turmeric powder. Cook for about 5 mins, until you see a thin glaze of oil appears on sides.
- Pour in 1 cup of coconut milk.Bring to boil, reduce the heat. Simmer for 2 mins.
- Add in the sliced hard-boiled eggs and cover and simmer for 2 mins.
Add the eggs to hard boiling water, so that the eggs will cook faster.
Using coconut oil is an absolute must to get the authentic flavour of Kerala egg curry. If not use vegetable oil.
Use freshly ground Ginger garlic paste for more flavours.
For veggies option: Add boiled potato, cauliflower, carrot or peas goes well for this curry.
- Category: gravy, Non-vegetarian Gravy, sidedishes
- Cuisine: south Indian