Quick and Easy ONE BOWL doughnut muffins, incredibly soft and pillowy, perfect for your breakfast, brunch, party or for your favourite gift to your dear one’s! These muffins are beautiful glazed with sugar-vanilla mixture gives you the “bomb flavor” and makes everything better!
- 3 tbs Butter
- 3 tbs oil
- 2 1/2 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs Brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup + 2 tbs flour
- 1 cup milk
Ingredients for glaze:
- Butter- 2 tbs
- sugar powder- 1/2 cup
- vanilla – 1/2 Tsp
- water- 1 tbs (hot)
- The first thing that you will want to do is pre-heat the oven to 400degrees F/ 200 degrees C. While your oven is heating up line large size muffin pan.
- Then Use a long-sized bowl, add sugar, butter, oil. stir thoroughly until smooth in consistency.
- Then add your eggs, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla essence, salt.
- Beat again to evenly incorporate.
- Add in 1/2 cup of flour along with 1/2 cup of milk and stir thoroughly to combine. Add in your remaining milk stir again until thoroughly combined.
- pour your batter into your muffin cup
- place into your oven to bake for the next 15 to 20 mins or until completely baked through.
- Remove and allow to cool for the next 10 mins.
To make Glaze:
- To do this add all your ingredient for your glaze into a small sized bowl, whisk until smooth in consistency.
CAN I REPLACE EGG FOR THIS RECIPE?
Yes, follow any of the below method in a replacement of 1 Egg
a) 1/4th cup of plain yoghurt or buttermilk
b) 1/4 cup of applesauce
c) Add 1-1/2 Tablespoon of vegetable oil mixed with 1-1/2 Tablespoon of water and 1 teaspoon of baking powder. whisk throughly
HOW TO KNOW THE DOUGHNUT MUFFINS ARE DONE?
Insert a toothpick in the centre of the muffin, the toothpick should come out clean, if the toothpick has batter sticking to it, the muffins are not done. Place the muffin tray to the oven and allow to cook for a couple of minutes.
WHAT MAKES THE MUFFIN SO DENSE?
If the recipe does not include enough baking powder or too much of baking powder would make the muffin dense or tough.
For every 1 cup of flour, you need 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American