Curry leaves prawn fry- Juicy, tender prawns are cooked with freshly grounded curry leaves powder. Absolutely lip-smacking! Everything is under 15 mins! So go… grab the ingredients and indulge in it!
- 0.5 Grams Prawn
- 1 tbs Ginger (Paste)
- 1 tbs Garlic (Paste)
- 1 tbs Lemon juice
- 2 tbs Gingelly Oil
- 1 piece Onions (medium size)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Salt (as per taste)
- 1 Cup Curry leaf
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 5 Dry red chillies (as per taste)
- 2 pieces Coconut
- Wash the prawns several times, devein them.
- Marinate with ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, and salt.keep aside.
Let’s make curry leaves powder:
- Saute all the ingredients under the list “To ground” and bring to a room temperature and ground to a fine powder. (Do not add water)
- Add the ground curry leaves powder to prawns.
- Squeeze some lemon juice, check for salt. If you have time you can also marinate the prawns for 30 mins.
- Heat up some oil over a medium flame add the prawns and cook for 3 to 4 mins. Drain out the prawns. And keep it aside.
- In the same pan add sliced onions (saute the onions tills it’s translucent), add curry leaves and cooked prawn.
- Saute just for a minute.
- Serve it lemon wedges and sliced onions.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CURRY LEAVES:
Curry leaves are packed with iron, calcium, and vitamins like vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin E. It helps to fight diabetes, improve digestion, lowers cholesterol, natural remedy to beat anemia.
This recipe can be served with Rice, Roti, Idly or Dosa.
Step By Step Prawn Fry with Curry Leaves: (serve 3)
- Category: Appetiser, Lunch/ breakfast, Side Dish
- Cuisine: south Indian