Indulge in this creamy corn delight that is fueled by the sweetness of the corn mixed in the smooth, cooked cream with a salt and pepper flavor! Creamed corn is a crowd-pleaser which is a must-try!
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese/ pepper jack
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in the saucepan, add 1/2 cup corn. Stir fry for 1 minute and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- To the same saucepan, add reaming 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon flour. Over low heat, stir quickly.
- Pour in 1 cup of milk and 1/4 cup cream. Stir vigorously to avoid lumps.
- The white sauce has thickened.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes, 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir the sauce.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon chopped jalapeno.
- Add corn, stir with the sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of parsley leaves or coriander leaves.
- Add 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese, mix in. Stir the creamed corn for few seconds.
- Creamy, cheesy Creamed corn is ready to be served.
Tips to make the best-creamed corn:
- Use full-fat cream for the best results. If you want to tone down the calories, you can use less cream and add it to flour roasted in melted butter and cooked with milk. This gives you the same creamy texture, but clocks less on the calories.
- Use corn that is juicy and not overripe. Fresh corn kernels are sweetish and juicy. Overripe corn doesn’t give much of a flavor and is harder.
- If you feel that the creamed corn is too runny, add in a little cornflour mixed in a little water. This will thicken the cream.
- If your creamed corn got overcooked and is too thick, you can add the required amount of hot milk and stir it well to remove lumps. Cold milk may cause clumping.
- Category: Sides/Appetizer
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade creamed corn , creamed corn recipe, creamed corn from scratch