Curry leaves crab pepper fry | Karuveppilai Milagu Nandu Varuval – Roasted crab with grounded pepper and curry leaves gives you an earthy flavor which is spicy and peppery.
HEY HEY hey….. HappySUNDAY! Wasssup?! hope all is well with everyone.
Today I’m going to share some easy as well as an exotic recipe which has become my absolute favorite! Crab curry leaves pepper fry- as the name says its spicy and hot! This recipe not only an easy one and this also smells incredibly delicious.
If you ever been to a military hotel in south India, they serve you with numerous amount of non.vegetarian platter and this pepper curry leaves crab fry/ Nandu varuval is the must-have delicacy in all restaurant.
This is the recipe I replicated from a hotel I tried at a recent time and very much content with the result because this turns out SO SO yummy!
This Nandu Varuval recipe is a side dish for the main course can go well with Rice, Sambar, Rasam or a simple curd rice will make a wonder!
The ground pepper and curry leaves powder give this dish more distinct flavors.
I made this recipe in a dry version you can also make it a semi-gravy a dish for Indian bread.
Hope you love this dish and Do try this recipe BECAUSE it is so quick and lip-smacking!
Other recipes you might like:
Step by Step pictures:
Crab curry leaves pepper fry
If you try this recipe, let us know! leave a comment. Take a photo and tag #nithisclickncook on Instagram so we can see what you come up with!Print
- crab – 1/2 kg
- Oil- 2 1/2 tbs
- Onion- 2 (medium sized)
- ginger garlic – 1 tbs (crushed)
- tomato- 1 (large)
- salt- to taste
- To grind:
- pepper- 2 tbs
- curry leaves- a handful
- fennel seeds- 1tbs
- Grind pepper, curry leaves and fennel seeds into fine powder.
- Heat up some oil, add crushed ginger-garlic, onions cook the onions until it turns translucent.
- Add in grind powder and saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add tomato and cook till it turns mushy.
- Finally add the cleaned crab, saute for a minute and add 1cup of water. cover and cook for 15 to 20 mins.
- In an open lid, cook until the water is completely absorbed.
- when the thin layer of oil appears on top.
- Crab pepper curry leaves is ready!
Enjoy! Happy Cooking!