This Mexican Salad gives you the right balance to satiate your taste buds. Light, creamy, salty, sweet, and modest salad to beat the summer heat.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1.5 cups of corn kernels
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves
- Cut the corn kernels from the cob.
- Finely chop garlic, bell pepper, and coriander leaves.
To make corn salad recipe:
- Corn salad ingredients are taken.
- Heat butter in the pan, add corn kernels
- Grill the corn kernels for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- To a bowl, Add capsicum, jalapeno, garlic
- Stir in Mexican seasonings, paprika, cumin powder, and salt.
- Mix to combine.
- Stir in Yogurt and mayonnaise.
- Add cooked corn.
- Stir in lemon vinegar. (If you have fresh lemon, Squeeze 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice)
- Mix to combine. Mexican Corn Salad is ready.
1. Use a long bowl to cut the corn kernels from the cob.
This avoids any mess or the kernels from falling off.
2. Use fresh corn that is juicy and full, soak and boil in saltwater for some time and then sauté in butter to add the rich flavor.
3. You can grill the kernels on the cob before proceeding to make the salad.
4. If using canned kernels, just sauté them with olive oil/butter and char them with occasional stirring.
- Category: Starter /Sidedishes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: corn salad, mexican corn, corn salad recipe