- Basmati rice- 1 cup
- Ghee- 1 tbs
- Cinnamon-1 stick
- Cloves- 4
- Star anise- 1
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Onions- 2 medium size
- Tomato – 1 or 2
- Green chilli- 2 silted.
- Mint leaves- 1 small bunch.
- Coriendar- leaves- 1 small bunch.
- Coconut milk – 1 and 1/2 cup.
- Salt- to taste.
- In a pan add in ghee, once it heats up, add in cinnamon, cloves, star anise.
- Add in onions and chilli fry until its translucent.
- Add in ginger garlic paste sauté it for 3 mins.
- Add in tomato sauté it until it turns mushy.
- Add in mint leaves and coriander leaves sauté it for 1 min.
- Add in basmati rice and sauté it for just 1 min.
- Transfer the rice to the electric rice cooker, now add the measured coconut milk, salt, sprinkle some chopped mint leaves.
- It takes 15 to 20 mins to cook.
- Serve hot with chicken curry, paneer butter masala or your favourite curry!!
You can use elachi and garlic while sautéing the ingredients.
I used a store bought coconut milk in this recipe, but you can use the home made coconut milk which makes this recipe more aromatic!!
To make coconut milk at home, add the 1/2 cup of coconut in the blender, add 1 cup or 1 and 1/2 cup of warm water and grind into fine mixture. Strain the coconut mixture and use.
- Category: VEG - RICE
- Cuisine: Indian
STEP BY STEP PICTURES:
Coconut Milk rice is ready!!