Fish fry with shallots coconut– Well marinated fish fry with lovely spices along with some shallots and coconut mixture gives this fish fry incredibly tasty and crispy. Hi Everyone…Happy Fish day!! wait.. what?? Why fish day?!! yeh.. when you gonna make some delicious fish fry then why not wish people for fish-day! yes!
Let’s make some Fish fry today.
Every Sunday, we share some special food with our neighbors and this recipe I was happened to taste at our neighbor Sumati aunty’s place.
Ever since I tasted this recipe from her I have become an adorable fan of her cooking.
When I asked for the recipe she was very much happy to share her secret recipe, She usually makes this fish from a local farm fish” Viral”/Butterfish. But you can also make with your available fishes.
The spices on the fish are perfect for marination, I added the coarse mixture of shallots, coconut and fennel seeds which give the fish incredibly flavors and mild crispness.
The ingredients are so simple and have lot of flavors
Do try this Fish fry and I’m sure you gonna love them.
Other recipes you might like:
STEP BY STEP PICTURES:
Your Fish fry with coconut&shallots is ready!
They tasted so delicious,
flavors of coconut oil,
the burst of flavors.
If you try this recipe, let us know! leave a comment. Take a photo and tag #nithisclickncook on Instagram so we can see what you come up with!
- Fish- 5 slices i used vavaal/pomfret fish
- oil- 2 tbs i used coconut oil
- salt- to taste
- chilli powder- 2 tbs
- turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice- 2 tsp you could also use 2 tsp tamarind juice
- coconut- 3 tbs
- Shallots - 6 to 7
- fennel seeds- 1 to 2 tbs
- Firstly, wash and clean your fish pieces.
- Marinate your fish with Chilli powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice and salt for 30 mins.
- Then, grind coconut, shallots and fennel seeds to a coarse mixture.
- Apply the coarse paste and marinate for another 30 mins.
- Heat up oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish for 5mins each side.
- Your fish fry is ready to be served.
For optional :You could also use onions instead of shallots but trust me it always taste better with shallots.