Easy minutes Chilli Garlic Shrimps/prawns – It is packed with aromatic flavors of garlic and chili flakes easy to make an appetizer with the bursting of flavors.
- 1/2 kg Shrimp/prawns
- 3 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Wash prawns/shrimp, devein, and keep it ready. If you want you can keep the tail in-tact.
- Finely mince garlic and ginger.
- Take shrimp in a bowl, add minced garlic, chili flakes, and salt.
- Rub the chili flakes and minced garlic on the shrimp. Let it marinate for 5 minutes.
To make Chilli garlic prawns:
- To a skillet, add 1 teaspoon oil, stir fry the shrimps for 2 to 3 minutes till the prawns are cooked. Collect the prawns in the bowl along with juices and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add remaining olive oil, add minced ginger, garlic, and chili flakes.
- Bring down the flame to low, let it cook for 3 more minutes. Keep stirring to avoid the spices burning.
- Add only the liquid the juices from the cooked prawns.
- Add 1/2 cup of water.
- Add soy sauce, stir for 1 minute to cook.
- Add the cooked prawns/shrimp, mix to cook for 1 minute.
- Squeeze some lemon juice.
- Chilli garlic prawns are ready! Sprinkle some chopped parsley if you have.
Tips to make the best chili Garlic prawns:
- Prawns/shrimp: The whole flavors of the Prawn biryani recipe is in the shrimp!
- Get the fresh prawns for the better taste and flavor.
- You may use any size prawns /shrimp for this recipe. As the size increase, it will be taken more minutes to cook and you can tell when the prawns cooked as it will turn to a pink color and half curve shape.
- For medium-sized prawns, it takes 3 to 4 minutes to cook.
- For large shrimp, it will take 5 to 6 minutes and
- For Jumbo prawns 7 to 8 minutes.
- Ginger and garlic: For the nice add ginger and garlic flavors, mince the ginger and garlic finely for the extra kick and taste.
- Paprika &Chilli Flakes: Adding paprika and chili flakes will spice up the dish. You may add cayenne pepper.
- Olive oil: I have used olive oil for this recipe, you may add butter or sesame oil.
- Lemon juice: The tangy taste gives you the freshness to the garlic shrimp.
- You Can pulse the dry red chilies in the blender to get fresh chili flakes.
- Category: Appetizer /Sides
- Method: StoveTop
- Cuisine: chinese
Keywords: chilli prawns, chilli garlic prawns, garlic prawns