Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe – juicy boneless chunks of chicken are marinated in spiced yogurt, skewered and grilled.The recipe is perfect for the party! Best accompaniment with Romali roti.
Chicken Tikka on Tawa, the recipe has got a whole lot of flavours with yogurt and spice mixture. marinating the chicken is key process in this recipe if you marinate more than 3 hours it definitely turns out so so juicy! the flavours were completely absorbed by the chicken. Its quick recipe to make, all you need to do is marination thats. i have showed you the cooking tikka on tawa alternatively you can make them in oven make sure you pre-heat the oven and grill them in 180 degree C for 20 to 25 mins, turning them on regular basis.
Other chicken recipes you may like to try:
Let’s get started:
- yogurt – 2 cups
- garlic- 4
- ginger- 1 1/2 inch
- cumin- 3/4 tsp
- coriander seeds- 3/4 tsp
- lime juice- 2 tbs
- turmeric powder- 3/4 tsp
- garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- boneless chicken – 1.5 kg (cut into 1 inch cube)
- bamboo skewers
- oil- for basting.
- onion- 1
- lime- 1
- For marinade, in the blender combine the yogurt with rest all the ingredient and blend to a fine, smooth puree.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken with the marinade, cover and leave to marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Bring the chicken to room temperature and thread 4 to 5 pieces onto a skewers.
- Heat griddle or tawa and brush it with oil.Cook the marinated chicken on the griddle, turning and basting regularly with oil.
- Cook the chicken till is tender and charred grill marks appear.
- serve the chicken with onion rings and lime wedges.