Chicken Mappas Recipe is the coconut based gravy from kerala region, its mildly-spiced with whole lot of coconut milk flavours. Ingredients are very simple no fussy. Best combo with roti, parotta, idiyappam and appam.
Chicken Mappas has become one of favourite and i should admit i have been making these on regular basis.Its simple no fuss recipe. If you love coconut milk this recipe is sure hit in your home. It is a mild gravy with flavours of coconut milk, coriander powder. I’m so happy to share this yummy recipe. do try this recipe and enjoy as much i loved.
Similar chicken Recipe you may like to try:
- Chicken – 500 gm
- Thick coconut milk- 2 cups
- Dhanya/coriender powder-1 and 1/2 tbs
- Tumeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Chicken masala powder- 1tsp I used shan chicken masala powder
- G.chill – 3 slited.
- Garam masala powder- 1tsp
- Onions-3 big one
- Ginger Garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Oil- 4 spoon
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves and coriander leaves – a full bunch
- Salt- to taste.
- Take the chicken in a bowl, add onions(half of the measurement) , Gingergarlic paste(half),red chilli.
- Add the dhanya powder(half), turmeric powder, chicken masala and curry leaves.
- Give a good mix to this and let it marinate for 15 mins.
- In a deep pan add the coconut milk and mix it with water to get a thin consistency.
- Add the marinated chicken to the coconut milk and cook for 15 mins.
- After 15 mins, the chicken is half cooked now.Transfer into a another container.
- In the same kadai add the Mustard seeds, Onions and Ginger Garlic paste fry until it turns golden brown.
- Now, add the dhanya powder and Garam Masala powder and mix well and cook until oil oozes out.
- Add the tomatoes and salt.
- Cook the tomatoes till it turns mushy and sprinkle some water if it sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Now the add the chicken to the sautéed masala.
- Serve Hot with Coconut milk rice or Roti or dosa.
Step by step pictures:
Chicken Maaps is ready to be served.
Its is Delicious,
Made of simple ingredients,
Infused with coconut milk flavours.. so guys try this recipe you will love for sure.
If you love this recipe Leave a comment, or tag a picture #nithisclickncook on instagram or post a picture on Facebook, I would love to see how it turned out!
Happy cooking, Eat like no else is watching! ?