- Chicken- 3/4 kg
- Onions- 3 thinly sliced
- Ghee- 2 tbs (for final process)
- mint+coriander leaves- 1 cup (for final process)
- FOR MARINATION:
- Ginger garlic paste- 1.5 tsp
- Curd- 1 cup
- browned onions- 4 tbs
- chilli powder- 2 tbs
- turmeric powder- 1 tbs
- mint leaves+ coriander leaves – 1 cup finely chopped
- Jeera- 1tsp
- salt- to taste
- FOR BIRIYANI RICE:
- Cinnamon- 2 stick
- cloves- 3
- star anise- 2
- elachi- 2
- bay leaf- 2
- jeera- 1tsp
- green chilli- 1
- ghee- 1 tbs
- mint+ corianderleaves- 2 tbs
- salt- to taste
- PREPARATION: STEP1:
- Slice the onions thinly and deep fry them to a golden brown colour
- Soak the Basmati rice for 20 mins before cooking.
- MARINATION:STEP 2:
- Wash the chicken add in to a wide bowl, add all the ingredients given under “MARINATION”, mix them well and marinate for 40 mins.
- FOR BIRIYANI RICE:Step 3:
- Boil the water, add the soaked rice, then all the ingredients given under ” BIRIYANI RICE”
- Cook the rice until its 3/4th done, check in between.
- Drain out the excess water from the rice and keep aside.
- FOR LAYERING CHICKEN AND RICE: STEP 4:
- Add the chicken to the heavy bottomed pan spread them evenly, now add the cooked Biriyani rice
- Spread them evenly on the top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle some ghee, food colour, mint+coriander leaves on top
- cover with foil and and lid.
- Place the vessel on top of the griddle and dum process it or 20 mins in medium -high and 10-15 mins in low.
- Now the chicken biriyani is ready!!
STEP BY STEP PICTURES:PREPARATION: Chicken Dum Biryani | how to make Chicken Dum Biryani
FOR BIRIYANI RICE:
NOW, CHICKEN DUM BIRIYANI is Ready!! Serve it with raita!!