- Soak and grind:
- Raw rice/Pacha arisi- 1cup
- Par- Boiled rice/Pulungal arisi- 1 cup
- Moog dal- 1/2 cup
- Urud dal- 1/4 cup
- fenugeek seeds- 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Elachi powder- 1tsp
- Jaggery- 1/2cup
- Baking soda- 2pinch.
- ghee+oil- 3tbs
- Soak all the rice and dal for 1 hour and grind into a batter and ferment for 4 hours.
- Make the jaggery syrup by adding water and strain the jaggery syrup.
- Add in elachi powder, jaggery syrup, baking soda to the fermented batter and mix everything well.
- Heat up the Panniyaram pan in medium flame, add in Ghee+oil.
- Add in the batter to the panniyaram pan, It takes 5 mins to cook and using a wooden skewer flip carefully and cook for another 5 mins.
- Cook until it turns golden brown.
- Chettinad paniyaram is ready!
- Category: Snacks/sweet
- Cuisine: Indian
Step by step pictures:
Now, the famous Chettinad sweet, inipu panniyaram/ sweet panniyaram is ready!!!