This crispy gobi 65 recipe is irresistibly delicious, perfectly cooked with crunchy layer makes it better than restaurant style, you will love this fried cauliflower recipe over and over again!
- 1. 5 cup cauliflower florets.
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon Cornflour
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Kashmir chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 5 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup vegtable oil ( to deep fry)
- Cut the cauliflower florets in small bite-sized and blanch in hot water for 5 minutes adding turmeric powder and salt. Drain the water. You can put in the colander as the water drains off completely or you can Pat dry the cauliflower and set aside.
- To a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, cornflour, rice flour, chilli powder, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and some crushed lemon curry leaves, add very little water to make a thick paste.
- Add all the cauliflower florets, sprinkle some lemon juice and mix well. Let it marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in deep pot /Kadai, over low medium heat. Once the oil is heated up, drop the cauliflower florets one by one and fry them to a nice golden colour and it has to be crunchy.
- Cauliflower 65 is ready to be served.
Tips to make perfect cauliflower 65
Cauliflower: Get the cauliflowers are that is fresh and tender, stale cauliflower doesn’t give you a right texture.
Cut the cauliflower florets to a small bite-sized that helps you cook the cauliflower faster.
Blanching is an absolute must that actually destroys the pesticides in the cauliflower florets and then pats dry them well.
Marination: Make the marinade little thicker, once you add the blanched cauliflower the moisture in the cauliflower helps you to coat the cauliflower florets.
Marinating from to 15 minutes to 1 hour helps you to develop the flavour.
Deep fry: Fry the cauliflower florets over a medium-low flame to golden colour that gives you crispy texture. Do not overcrowd the florets.
Flour ratio: I have an equal amount of all-purpose flour, cornflour and one-third amount of rice flour. This gives me a crunchy cauliflower 65.
Spices: The spice level can be adjusted as per your tastebud. You can add a pinch of pepper powder or chat masala or dry mango powder.
Broccoli: You can follow the same method to make broccoli 65.
Cottage cheese/Paneer/Tofu: Do not blanch the paneer, simply apply the same marinade for paneer cubes to get the crispy paneer 65.
- Category: Snacks, starter,sides
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: indian
Keywords: gobi 65, cauliflower65, fried cauliflower