Hello Friends 🙂 🙂 how is the weekend for you guys? We all know Christmas is around the corner, Here in Manila Christmas season has started a month early!! We can see a lot of Christmas lighting, Christmas tree decorations everywhere!! its looks more lively and its always makes you happy when you see..and your mood tuned to Christmas!! Christmas!!! agree right?? There are a lot of discount sales are going on and which is also a good shopping time too!! what do u guys have plan for Christmas? and about this recipe.. i wanted to share you guys a simple Quick and easy dessert for Christmas, if u throw a Christmas party, do include this recipe in your menu.. because the ingredients are very simple,
There is no fuss, simple easy recipe idea…looks great, it has soft and smooth texture, its light in your tummy!!! It is not that sweet,
it has mild sweetness in the custard…
when you take a spoon of custard with a little of caramel…
Heaven, it is!!!!Print
The wonderfully soft creamy caramel custard is definitely is you go-to recipe anytime because it is immensely easy to make, the luscious caramel sauce is incredibly lick-the- pan- delicious. Perfect for your lazy dinner party or to quickly satisfy your sweet tooth cravings! A slice of this caramel custard is melt-in-your mouth and heaven on your plate.
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla Essence
For caramel sauce
- 2 tbs sugar
- Pre-heat the oven for 180 degree C /350 degree F for 10 minutes
- Take a deep bottomed pan , add 2 tbs of sugar, add little water and caramalize the sugar, pour on the mould/ramekin/tin.
- Heat up the milk to warm temperature, in a mixing bowl, break the eggs, sugar, vanilla essence, and milk combine them well.. do not make it fluffy.
- Strain the mixture, and pour on the prepared mould.
- Pour some water on the baking tray till its half-filled and keep the mould on the tray.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 180 degree C/350 degree F for 20 minutes.
- Bring them to a normal temperature and keep refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Now, place a plate on the mould, and flip upside down and tap the mould for twice.. Gently remove the mould!
- Now the caramel custard is ready!!
Tips to make Perfect Caramel custard:
Golden caramel Always keep the flame in low when making a caramel sauce to prevent burning, lighter the colour, sweeter the sauce
Warm milk Bring down the milk temperature to warm, then add to the eggs, otherwise, the egg and milk might curdle
Whisking– You can whisk the custard sauce using hand blender or whisker for the better result.
Strain The key to the silky caramel pudding is to strain the milk mixture before you pour into the mould.
Avoid egg smell– To avoid the egg smell of the milk mixture add vanilla essence
Check for doneness insert a toothpick in the middle of caramel custard, if there is no liquid leaking out the toothpick appears to be moist. Caramel custard is ready.
Grease with butter you can grease the mould with butter before you add the caramel sauce. so it is easy to slide out.
Run the knife Before you serve, place the moulds in hot water for few seconds, to melt the butter, then run a knife over the sides of the mould to slide out easily.
- Category: baking, Dessert
- Cuisine: Continental, French
Step by step pictures:
Invert the plate over the mould and flip it up-side down, tap the mould twice, and gently remove the mould.. you can a see a caramel is run down sides of the custard!! Thats it! your CARAMEL CUSTARD is ready to be served!! You can also steam the pudding, check my notes if you want alternative for oven.
If you tried this recipe, let me know or you can click a picture and post on my FACEBOOK so that we can look up guys!! Happy cooking!! cheers! 🙂 🙂0