This Broken Wheat Upma / Samba Rava upma is so healthy and taste so delicious without all the extra guilt. It is low caloric, perfectly seasoned without sacrificing any flavour.
- 2 tbs gingelly oil
- 1 cup Broken wheat
- 1 tsp channa dal
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urud dal
- 1 tsp asafetida
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 carrot
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 tbs corinder leaves
- Heat up oil in pressure cooker, add in the seasoning channa dal, mustard seeds, Urdu dal. Let it sizzle for seconds.
- Add green chillies, ginger, onion, carrot and tomato. Saute the ingredients to combine well.
- Add some fresh coriander leaves and curry leaves. Quick stir for a minute.
- Add water, salt. Bring to boil for couple of minutes.
- Now, pour in broken wheat /samba godhumai Rava. Gently give a stir.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
Is Samba Rava good for health?
Broken wheat Upma rich in iron, magnesium, vitamin E,Vitamin B and has lots of healthy benefits.It lowers the risk of cholesterol and helps in weightloss.
What are the vegetables can be added?
Vegetables like potato, peas, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, beans can be added.
Broken Wheat Upma/Wheat Rava upma water ratio:
1 cup of Broken wheat = 2 cups of water + 1/4 cup of water (for the vegetables)
- Category: Breakfast, dinner, healthy breakfast
- Cuisine: Indian, south Indian