This Egg salad Recipe is super easy to make, perfect for healthy breakfast, quick snack with lovely texture and taste and on your table under 10 minutes!
Egg salad is an extremely nutritious and healthy breakfast and snack.
It is cooking free except for the boiled eggs.
This egg salad can be whipped up in under 10 minutes and makes for perfect breakfast recipes for the early morning rush.
The best part of this recipe is that you can add the vegetables and dressings of your choice and it is highly customizable.
No one in your family will get bored with the egg salad because there are so many combinations and variations to play around with.
If you have the boiled eggs ready, this salad takes only 5 minutes to make.
You enjoy the egg salad all by itself or even relish it with toasted bread or buns.
Why this recipe works:
1.Extremely easy to prepare with fresh raw veggies and dressings of your choice. Chop the veggies and toss them for egg salad in just 2 simple steps
2. Cook free breakfast or snack except for the boiled eggs that can either be boiled on the stove or microwaved.
3.Very healthy and mouth-watering delicious, a super energetic way to start your day.
How to make Egg Salad Recipe:
Egg salad Ingredients:
Tips to make the best Egg salad:
1. You may Chop the onions and cabbage, cucumber (if using) first and add lime juice and keep it aside till you chop the other veggies. Lemon juice removes the pungent smell of the onion and cabbage.
2. Try to cube the boiled eggs to medium size. If your cube is too small, the salad turns mushy as the boiled egg is soft and easy to mash.
3. If you feel that the salad is too dry, you can add mayonnaise or yoghurt to give you a rich and smooth texture.
4. If you want a creamy texture, you can add yoghurt, cream cheese or even mayonnaise or any dressing of your choice.
This creamy salad can also be used as a sandwich filling or pocket filling
1. What do I do if my salad is too runny?
A salad can get runny because of water content from veggies like tomato and cucumber.
If your salad is runny, add fine bread crumbs or toss in more diced boiled eggs to adjust the consistency.
2. How long can I store the egg salad?
Boiled eggs get mushy in room temperature after 2 hours of being boiled.
It is best if you can serve this egg salad fresh or you can store it in an airtight container in the freezer for 1 day.
3. How do I chop the boiled eggs?
Use a sharp knife and make sure that the egg is not overcooked.
This will ensure that the eggs are perfectly cubed.
You can also chill the boiled eggs before chopping it so that it retains its cube shape.
You can also keep the eggs in ice water for 5 minutes to cool it.
4. How long do I have to boil the eggs?
For the egg salad, boil the eggs for 12 minutes and rest it in the ice bath for 3 minutes.
This will give you perfectly boiled eggs to make your egg salad.
Other Egg Recipes You may like to try:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print
This Egg salad Recipe is super easy to make, prefect for healthy breakfast, quick snack with lovely texture and taste and on your table under 10 minutes!
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dill leaves/coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoon mayo
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Hard boil the eggs and dice them. To a mixing bowl, add diced egg, chopped tomato, chopped onion, chopped coriander leaves and minced garlic.
- Take mayo in a small bowl, add dijon mustard sauce, hot sauce, lemon juice, cayenne powder, pepper powder, mixed herbs, salt.
- Combine everything well to make an egg salad dressing.
- Pour the salad dressing to the bowl that has diced egg, onion and tomato.
- Gently mix in, check for salt and serve!
Tips to make the best Egg salad:
- Chop the onions and cabbages first and add lime juice and keep it aside till you chop the other veggies. Lemon juice removes the pungent smell of the onion and cabbage.
- Try to cube the boiled eggs to medium size. If you cube it too small, the salad turns mushy as boiled egg is soft and easy to mash.
- If you feel that the salad is too dry, you can add mayonnaise or yogurt to give you a rich and smooth texture.
- If you want a creamy texture, you can add yogurt, cream cheese or even mayonnaise or any dressing of your choice. This creamy salad can also be used as a sandwich filling or pocket filling.
- Category: breakfast, sides, lunch, salads
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: egg salad recipe, salad recipe, egg salad