This beetroot halwa is wonderfully easy, positively addicting, finger-licking good, perfectly sweetened and there is ONE SECRET TIP to make it even more creamy and delicious! If you never made home made beetroot halwa before, you are going to be amazed!
- 1.5 cups of Beetroot
- 1 cup Potato
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 5 cardamom
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 cups of water
- Ingredients to make Beetroot halwa are taken, Grate the beetroot, potato and keep aside.
- To a saucepan, add enough water.
- Add grated beetroot and potato, cover with the lid and cook for 15 minutes over a medium flame stirring occasionally. The beetroot and potato have to be cooked and there should be no moisture.
- And then, Add sugar and crushed cardamom. The sugar would melt and texture will be loosened. Cover and cook for 5 mins. Stirring occasionally.
- Now, add 1 tablespoon of ghee stir and cook for further 3 mins, The texture lightly thickens.
- Then add another 1 tablespoon of ghee, keep cooking for another 5 minutes until the colour would change to darken red and the texture is creamy.
How do you make creamy and best beetroot halwa ever? (The Secret tip!)
POTATO – Adding grated potato gives you naturally the creamy consistency which is required for making halwa.
The starch in the potato helps to make the beetroot halwa to get the desired consistency.
Variation you can make in this beetroot halwa?
Carrot halwa: Replace carrot and follow the same method to make carrot halwa.
Nuts: You can add the golden fried nuts like cashews, raisins, almonds in ghee and pour over the halwa.
Beetroot halwa with khoya: To make it more richer add 1/2 cup of khoya (non-sweetened) when you add sugar and keep stirring constantly. (If you get, sweetened khoya, reduce the amount of sugar according to your taste)
Beetroot halwa with jaggery: Boil 1 cup of water, add 1 cup of coarsely chopped jaggery, keep stirring constantly until all the jaggery melted off completely and filter to remove any impurities.
Add jaggery water instead of sugar.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: beetroot halwa, halwa recipe, beetroot recipe