Andhra Mirchi Bajji | Stuffed Mirchi Bajji it is also called as Mirpakaya bajji in telegu,milaigai bajji in tamil or chilli bajji– A quick tea time snack Recipe. There are many variations you can make in the stuffing, here i gave you the simpler version but taste is Yummy!.I have the another version of it soon i will post it. Coming to this recipe, The stuffing inside the bajji adds magic to this recipe it has the mixed taste of tanginess and spiciness. The green chillies are dipped in the gram flour and deep fried to the golden brown. Perfect it is!! 🙂 🙂 It is also a popular street side food. Do give a try to this recipe and enjoy!! Check here for the more snack ideas Stuffed Aloo Tikki, Manglore Bonda, Tawa Paneer, Cabbage Vada, MasalaVada
- Big Chillies- 10
- oil- deep frying
To Grind and Stuff
- Tamarind- small lemon sized ball
- Besan flour- 2 tbs
- Amchur powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
For Bajji Batter
- Besan flour- 1/2 cup
- Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Hing- 1 tsp
- salt- to taste
- Soak the tamarind for 5 minutes.
- In blender, add cumin seeds, besan flour,amchur powder. Pulse them for a second. Add Tamarind and pulse it again. Our stuffing is Ready.
- For Batter: Mix besan flour, chilli powder, hing, salt, add some water.
- De-seed the chilli, spoon the stuffing inside, and dip them into a batter.
- Deep fry them in oil until it turns golden brown.
If the stuffing turns watery, just add some besan flour to make into a paste consistency.
pour little water at time to make the besan flour batter little thick, no so runny.
You can also add rice flour to the batter for more crispiness.
Heat up the oil to low to medium flame.
Step by Step pictures:
Lets make the stuffing for Bajji:
Lets make a Batter:
Andhra Mirchi Bajji is Ready!!
If you like this recipe share your thoughts below or If u tried this recipe send me your pictures i would love to see 🙂 Take a picture post it on my Facebook or mail me firstname.lastname@example.org