- Basmati rice- 1 cup
- potato- 1
- cumin seeds 1 tbs
- mintleaves- 3 tbs
- onions- 1
- green chilli- 2
- peppercorns- 1 tsp
- oil/ghee- 1 tbs
- Saok the basmati rice for 15 mins
- Heat up the ghee/oil in the pan, add onions, jeera and mint leaves sauté for 2 mins
- Add in green chilli and pepper corn, potato sauté them for 3 mins.
- Add the soaked basmati Rice and sauté them in the oil for 1 minute.
- Now add the required amount of water, add salt and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- After 10-12 minutes, simmer the flame to low- medium and cover with lid and cook for another 10 minutes.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES: Aloo jeera rice| how to make jeera rice1