This Adai recipe is an easy, healthy and very nutritious protein packed recipe from southindian Cuisine! Sharing my mom’s special recipe, I guarantee your entire family will fall in love with this Adai dosa recipe!
- 1 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- To soak:
- 1 cup Par boiled Rice (Idly rice)
- 1/2 cup Channa dal
- 1/4 cup Moong Dal
- 4 Tablespoon Urad dal
- 1 Tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 10 – Dry red chillies
- 15 Garlic pods.
- 2 Tablespoon Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves.
- Firstly, Wash and soak the rice and all the dals together for 3 to 4 hours.
- To a blender, add fennel seeds, dry red chillies, garlic, coriander leaves, curry leaves and add 2 tables spoon of water. Grind to a puree.
- To the same blender, drain out the water, add soaked rice and dal.
- Pulse for few seconds to a blend the dal and rice. Similarly, add all the rice and dal mixture and grind to a puree. (Add little water to grind 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup water, the consistency has to thicker than the normal dosa batter)
- Collect in a bowl, add finely chopped onions, salt. Mix well.
- Over a hot Tawa, pour over the batter and spread evenly to make a thick adai, drizzle some oil around the dosa. Cook for 1 minute and flip and cook till they turn to a golden brown colour.
- Adai is ready to be served!
Tips to make best Adai Recipe:
Soaking the dal and rice for minimum of 4 hours That helps the dals to soften and easy to grind.
I have used my blender to grind the batter, if your making in large quantity, some people prefer grinding in grinder. However, blender works perfectly fine for me.
The adai batter has to be coarsely ground for the right consistency.
The consistency has to be little thicker than the regular dosa batter. So add water little by little to get the right consistency.
You can drizzle some ghee for more flavours.
- Category: Breakfast/Dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: indian
Keywords: adai recipe, adai dosa, recipe adai