- Rice- 1 cup
- Channa dal – 1/2 cup
- Moong dal- 1/4cup
- Toor dal- 1/4cup
- Urud dal – 4 tbs
- Onions- 1 cup finely chopped.
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbs.
- Curry leaves- 1 string.
- TO GRIND:
- Fennel seeds- 1 tbp
- Dry red chilli- 10 to 15 (according to ur spice level.)
- Garlic- 1 whole.
- Soak all the rice and dal for 4 hours.
- First grind fennel seeds and dry red chill into a fine powder, then add garlic and give good pulse.
- Add in the soaked rice and dal to the same blender and grind coarsely by adding little water.( Consistency should be thicker than the normal dosa batter.)
- Add in the finely chopped onions, coriander leaves and curry leaves, salt.
- Mix everything well and adjust the water according to the consistency.
- Heat up the tawa, add in oil, take a laddle full of batter and spread evenly to make a thick adai, add in some oil, flip over and drizzle some oil and cook until it turns golden brown.
- Now, Adai is ready!! Serve hot with avial.
- Category: Breakfast/dinner
- Cuisine: Indian
Step by step pictures:
Authentic Adai is ready! Its healthy and tasty. Serve this Adai with Avial.
Do try this recipe and let me know! i would love to hear from you.
Happy Cooking! cheers0