This 10 minutes chicken curry is super simple to make and all you need just 6 ingredients to make this delicious, creamy, spicy chicken curry! Making chicken curry can’t be easier than this!
- 1/2 kg chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 5 garlic pods
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oil (for marinade)
- 1 tablespoon (for cooking)
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves.
- To a small mixing bowl, add tomato paste, chilli powder, coriander powder and oil. Stir to make a thick masala paste.
- To make chicken curry , add oil in a sauce pan, once the oil has heated up, add ginger garlic paste. Stir fry for1 minute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add sliced onion, cook until the onions turns translucent.
- Now, add chicken pieces, stir fry for 1 minute. The colour of the chicken will change to a light pale colour.
- Now add the thick masala paste, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1.5 cups of water, sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes till you get the desired consistency.
- If you want the gravy to be lightly thicken further cook for few minutes.
Tip to make best chicken curry:
Chicken: You may use boneless chicken as well. Check for the doneness once the chicken is ready. You can also pressure cook for 2 hisses to cook the chicken.
Brown onions: If you have brown onions either homemade or store-bought in hand just go for it. Brown onions perfect suits for this recipe.
Ginger&Garlic: Freshly made ginger garlic paste gives you more aromas to the chicken curry. You may crush the ginger and garlic lightly using mortar pestle.
Spice powders: I have added chilli powder and turmeric powder for this recipe. You may add pepper powder, curry powder or garam masala as per your taste bud.
Vegetables: Veggies like potato, capsicum, cauliflower, broccoli, mushroom, cottage cheese can be added along with the chicken. Simply dice them to small bite cubes and add-in.
Coconut milk: If you love the flavours of coconut milk and you want to make the curry one step further to make it delicious, add coconut milk or coconut cream that gives you creamy, silky chicken curry.
- Category: Curry, Gravy
- Method: stove Top
- Cuisine: indian
Keywords: chicken curry, curry recipe, chicken curry recipe